Prescription Ordering Direct (POD)
A new and convenient way to order your repeat prescription for patients of:
Highley Medical Centre
Tel: 033 33 583 509
Alternatively email Shropshire.firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Monday to Friday between 8am to 5pm
To commence from Wednesday 21st November 2018
Click here for more information
Re: Change to Gluten Free Food Prescribing
Gluten Free items will no longer be available on prescription from 1st September 2017.
This is following a decision of the NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group Board in June 2017.
Patient Access - Click to order a repeat prescription
In order to use this service you must first register for it.
Please complete the registration document and return it to the surgery. (Click here to download the document .docx 41KB). We will then create the pin number which you will require to use this service.
electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD)
If you get regular or repeat prescriptions, you could save time by switching to electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD).
eRD sends your prescriptions electronically from your GP surgery to a pharmacy of your choice. It’s easy to use and you don't need a computer or electronic device. Ask your GP or pharmacist to set it up for you.
eRD allows your GP to prescribe your regular medicines for up to a year. It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they'll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
Using eRD you can:
- save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to your GP every time you need to order a repeat prescription
- order or cancel your repeat prescriptions online (if your GP practice offers this service)
- pick up your repeat prescriptions directly from your pharmacy without having to visit your GP
- spend less time waiting for your prescription in the pharmacy or GP practice
- save paper – you won’t need a paper prescription to collect your medicine from the pharmacy
For more information about eRD and how it works, ask at your GP surgery or pharmacy, or visit the NHS website: www.nhs.uk/eRD